Tuesday, April 2, 2013

NaPoWriMo April 2nd - Morning Walk, Backwards, At Sunset

April 2, Yirgacheffe, ground with cardamon, cloves

Last night I walked the normal walk, backwards.
Georgetown sidewalks packed with shoppers, tourists
in town to see the cherry blossoms bloom.
At Key Bridge I glimpsed the western sunset,
then turned south, to cross into Virginia.
By then, the shopping crowd had thinned to just
me and other walkers, joggers, runners,
lovers walking hand in hand, shivering
in the coolness of sudden dusk.  Fewer
animals were out, the tide was running low,
no geese were roosting quietly, no spiders
spinning webs across the path to capture prey.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ray,

    I see you are taking National Poetry Month seriously. Good for you!

    Here is my suggestion, end this poem with:
    No geese were roosting, no spiders spinning
    Webs across my path to capture prey.

    Also consider the possibility of not capitalizing the first word of every line.

    ReplyDelete